Chris Goddin is a nationally board certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine as recognized by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) as well as a Licensed Acupuncturist in the state of Texas (Lic. #AC01754). Chris earned his BA in Psychology and Linguistics from Emory University and his Masters in Oriental Medicine from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine. Chris is also nationally accredited as a Certified Practitioner of Asian Bodywork Therapy (AOBTA-CP), a Certified Cupping Therapist through the International Cupping Therapy Association (ICTA), and certified in Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture.
For as long as he can remember, Chris has been fascinated by the human body and specifically the connections between mind, body & nutrition. Chris began studying Traditional Chinese and Integrative Medicine in 2013 after experiencing debilitating back pain for more than 5 years. After a long journey to finally find a cure to his own back pain that included diet changes, targeted exercises and mind-body awareness, Chris felt the need to push his learning further and strive to help others be better stewards of their own health.
In 2017, Chris received a Master’s degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (4 year degree, 2900 hours) from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine. In addition to his studies at AOMA, Chris has followed his passion for healing through whole foods nutrition and self-care and has done extensive research on these topics to be able to better serve his patients. He has also completed additional training on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for soft tissue and sports injury with renowned clinician Dr. Yongxin Fan. Chris is a member of the Texas Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine and a member of the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Chris has a wonderful wife and two young daughters. On weekends you will probably find all of them out and about in the parks and on the trails around Austin, swimming in the summers or otherwise exploring our beautiful part of the world.
Credentials & Experience
- Licensed Acupuncturist by the Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners (Lic #AC01754)
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine in Austin, TX
- American Association for Bodywork Therapies of Asia (AOBTA) Certified Practitioner
- International Cupping Therapy Association (ICTA) Certified Practitioner
- Texas Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (TAAOM) Member
- Trained in Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture with Dr. Martha Lucas
- Additional training in acupuncture for sports injury with Dr. Yongxin Fan
- Additional education on impacting blood chemistry with whole food nutrition with Dr. Marlene Merritt & Dr. Will Mitchell