You’ve heard enough about how to avoid COVID-19…
Let’s talk about how to avoid going CRAZY being cooped inside, and what resources you have at your disposal from your home.
This is a running list that was last updated 2 minutes before I hit send, so I am planning to continue to update this on my website here: BLOG POST LINK
If you have something you are finding useful and would like to add to help our community, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Balance Wellness Telehealth – this can take many forms based on your needs: review of symptoms, Chinese medicinal herb prescription and dropship, breathing exercises, stretch recommendations, holding space for you…
- Remedy – Free telemedicine for flu-like symptoms for patients with ANY insurance or Medicare.
- Austin ISD Telemedicine – Waived copay for Austin ISD students
- Vital Side Brain Retraining Course – Learn the most effective tools to treat chronic health issues.
- Sliding scale therapy and coronavirus support group (online) – Local business
- Free therapy phone consultation – telehealth sessions covered through Medicare, Humana and BCBS TX-state funded plans. Sliding scale.
- Online Therapy Company Reviews
- Online physical therapy with a local Austin PT
- Crisis text line – Text HOME to 741741 and speak anonymously with a crisis counselor.
- Tara Brach Guided Meditations
- Headspace – Several guided meditations for free
- Calm – Several guided meditations for free
- Ten Percent Happier – Guided meditations, newsletters and more are part of their “Coronavirus Sanity Guide”
- 5 simple (but powerful) tools for fighting stress
- Qigong to strengthen the Lungs and immune system
- Qigong and advice when coming down with an illness
- Free Yoga OnDemand with CorePowerYoga
- Myo Massage – various online yoga, barre and pilates class by donation
- Free yoga with Adriene
- Ways for Kids and Families to Move and Learn Together
- Do512 – Great list of activities and workshops to do from your house
- More audio and TV streaming services – for when you reach the end of Netflix
- Enjoy Austin Culture Online – local music, art and more, all online
- 17 Free online learning sites – learn a new skill!
- Netflix Party – This Chrome extension allows watching movies with friends while social distancing. Netflix Party synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to your favorite Netflix shows.
- Quarantine Karaoke
- The World’s Largest Live Nature Cam Network (Animals, Space, Nature)
- PBS Kids – lots of activities for kids, sign up for daily email
- Khan Academy – free education resources Pre-K – 12
- Scholastic – Free Learn at Home program
- Outschool – Free live online classes for ages 3-18
- Lunch doodles with Mo Willems – great for younger kids who are into drawing
And much more
- Covid-19 Resource Guide by Chris Kresser
- Mobilize Without Fear: Self Care in the Time of Coronavirus by Stephen Cowan, MD
- Holistic Resilience in a Time of Uncertainty by Brodie Welch, LAc.
- 15 Ways to Practice Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus by Hanna Kozlowska, Quartz
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty by Doreen Marshall, Ph.D., American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- VirusAnxiety.com Resource Hub by Shine