Are you living a healthy life? What does it even mean to live a “healthy life”?
Austin is known for live music, festivals and BBQ, but it is also home to an incredible community of wellness professionals using a variety of techniques and therapies to help people feel their absolute best.
It’s a great community to be a part of!
The Austin wellness community collaborated to develop their top tips for helping you not only survive your day to day, but actually THRIVE!
15 Top Tips for Living a Your Healthiest Life from Austin’s Top Holistic Health Experts:
1. The recipe to a long, healthy, happy life is not about managing your stress but adapting to it. The root of most chronic health issues comes down to the health of your nervous system. Make sure your nervous system and your body have the support they need and your body will thank you every day of your life!
Dr. Alex Mosley
Upper Cervical Specific Chiropractor
2. Exhale allllll the way out.
Integrative Somatic Therapist
3. Get more sleep and have more fun (note to self)
Ashley Maltz, MD
Integrative Medicine Physician
4. Tune in and get to know yourself well.
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapist and TMJ Relief Specialist
5. Focus on what your body can do rather than limitations, then regularly move your body in a way that feels good to you.
Karen Shopoff Rooff
Certified Personal Trainer & Health Coach
6. You are what you digest, always work on gut health.
Theresa Hernandez APN/CNP, IFMCP
Family Nurse Practitioner
7. Focus on the foundations of health first. Fancy gizmos, gadgets, pills and potions don’t take the place of a solid foundation: address your physical, social, mental-emotional, spiritual, financial, intellectual, occupational, and environmental wellbeing. The best health hacks are free and available to everyone. Only make changes that are permanent. Short term changes = short term results. Make one behavior change at a time and make it permanent. Over time, keep making changes. Forget quick fixes – decide you are with the time and effort to be well and get going. That’s the path to health restoration.
Shannon Lea Pickering AKA the AutoimmuneFoodie
Radical Health Restoration and Positive Psychology Coach
8. Food is medicine
Jameson James, L.Ac
9. Hyperbarics is THE #1 BioHack tactic for Longevity. After 60 – 90 minute sessions completed within 3 months, your telomeres will have lengthened 20-38% according to Dr. Shai Effrati from Tel Aviv University. This is the holy grail of anti-aging medicine, and it makes all other hacks work better as it is foundational to mitochondria support.
The Hyperbarics Guy
10. Prayer daily will bless you with the strength and knowledge to persevere
Physical therapist Assistant
11. Turn off the news, focus on the good things, eat real food, move your body, and seek out quality sleep
Dr. Michelle Wendt, L.Ac, DACM
Acupuncturist specializing in chronic pain, fertility and pediatrics
12. A full-on commitment to loving yourself (the light, the shadow, and everything in between), honoring your own vulnerabilities, and listening to your inner knowing, no matter what anyone else says
Julia Aziz, LCSW-S, Rev.
Holistic psychotherapist and ordained interfaith ceremonialist
13. Listen to your body, gut and intuition, eat a rainbow everyday, our body is amazing, sometimes it just needs help!! Give it what it really needs! Plants are incredible and we can learn from them, we can use them for healing in so many forms- vegetables, herbs, spices, aromatherapy, essentials oils and touch. Healing is possible.
Anisha Anand / Heartful Earth Cuisine
Personal Wellness Advocate /Essential oil Specialist
14. My tip for living a healthy life is to focus on what you want to create! Learn how to communicate with your unconscious mind and you will be unstoppable.
Shibari Transformer and Master NLP Coach
15. Daily movement, 8 hours of sleep and something to be passionate about are the keys to a happy and healthy life!
Chris Goddin, LAc.
Licensed Acupuncturist, Herbalist and Certified Cupping Therapist
There you have it – 15 tips for living your healthiest life from Austin’s top wellness experts. Hope they help!